Integration in national policies and sustainability
To support and improve the development of national plans, this work area fosters the integration into EU Member States’ policies of evidence-based policy initiatives and key recommendations issued through the Joint Action. In order to ensure the sustainability of the Joint Action results, work package 4 will encourage healthcare workers and policymakers to expand and maintain the implementation of EU-JAMRAI activities in their respective countries when and where needed.
- To develop an integration and sustainability plan.
- To design an integration and sustainability strategy and plan based on the expected outputs from the Joint Action (JA).
- To identify achievable and realistic actions which answer on-the-ground realities.
- To ensure integration of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Healthcare-Associated Infections (HCAI) preventive strategies into national policies.
- To ensure that all participants’ contributions to the JA are taken into account.
- To obtain adhesion to best practices by institutions, partners and MS.
- To ensure that information is conveyed to the competent authorities in the MS in an appropriate format.
- To foster the sustainability of core actions developed by the JA work packages and scale them up at national level.
- To ensure the sustainability of results and actions initiated during the JA.
- To provide tailored recommendations to JA partners and target groups with clear and measurable goals.
In general, the WP4 approach will follow the Knoster model to promote cultural, behavioural and organisational change in order to further reduce the burden of AMR.