Implementation of One Health national strategies and national action plans for Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
The overarching goal of this work area is to support Member States in the implementation of the provisions laid down in the EU “Council Conclusions on the next steps under a One Health approach to combat antimicrobial resistance” by fostering collaboration between EU Member States, the European Commission and relevant international institutions.
- To support EU Member States in the development and implementation of national strategies and national action plans based on the One Health approach and in line with the World Health Organization Global Action Plan on AMR and the June 2016 EU Council Conclusions on AMR by:
- Developing a self-assessment tool to monitor country progress and identify gaps and shortcomings in the implementation of national strategies and national action plans.
- Setting up a country-to-country peer review system to evaluate each other’s national action plans.
- Establishing a network of supervisory bodies to discuss different approaches on the way supervision, inspection and enforcement in the Member States is organised and on how the level of compliance with legislation, guidelines, standards and recommendations relevant to AMR can be improved in the Member States.
- To regularly report and discuss results within the One Health Network.